The comprehensive guide to obtaining Turkish citizenship
Table of Contents
There has been much talk about Turkish citizenship and everything related to it, especially by those interested in this matter and investors who seek to obtain facilities and privileges in their work, in order to answer the various inquiries and questions of our customers. The editorial team at Hana Real Estate has dedicated this article to be a comprehensive guide about this topic.
Take a look at the conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship:
There are many conditions that must be met by those who wish to obtain Turkish citizenship, which we will mention in the next paragraph.
– He must be healthy and free of any communicable disease that affects public health.
– He should not have committed any crime, in order to maintain public security.
– He must be over the age of eighteen and be of full mental capacity.
– He must speak the Turkish language in a way that makes him able to communicate with the Turkish society.
– He must fulfill the requirement to reside in Turkey for five consecutive years.
– He should have a job or a source of livelihood that suffices him and his family to secure all the necessities of life.
– He must provide evidence confirming the sincerity of his intention to live and settle in Turkey.
How do I obtain Turkish citizenship?
One of the first questions that will come to your mind is how to obtain this citizenship, especially if you know that it can be done in different ways and methods, so we will talk about this aspect through this paragraph.
1 – Real estate ownership:
One of the most common ways to obtain Turkish citizenship is to buy a property in Turkey worth two hundred and fifty thousand US dollars or more, and then pledge not to sell it before three years have passed since the date of its purchase.
2 – Financial Investment:
You can also obtain citizenship by making an investment of at least five hundred thousand dollars for a period of three years.
3 – Bank deposit:
One of the ways to obtain it is by bank deposit, provided that the amount deposited is not less than half a million US dollars and for a period of three years.
4 – Marriage:
By marrying a Turkish citizen, the foreigner will be able to apply for Turkish citizenship three years after the date of marriage, in order to prove that the marriage was not for the purpose of naturalization only, but to create a family.
5 – Exceptional Nationality:
Some people, in certain cases, can apply to obtain Turkish citizenship as an exception (such as a person who has made a scientific or technical achievement reported by the Turkish state).
6 – Adoption:
A foreigner under the age of 18 will obtain Turkish citizenship if he is adopted by a direct Turkish family, but it is stipulated that he does not pose any danger to public security in Turkey.
What are the facilities provided by Turkey to obtain Turkish citizenship?
The Turkish government has not hesitated to provide all the facilities that help the foreigner to obtain this citizenship and also constantly issues amendments to its laws. The following is a detail in the matter.
In late 2018, the Turkish government issued several amendments regarding foreigners obtaining citizenship, most notably reducing the value of the property suitable for it from one million US dollars to two hundred and fifty thousand dollars only.
It also issued an amendment regarding those who wish to obtain it through financial investment and reduced the amount from 2 million dollars to five hundred thousand.
As for the bank deposit, the decision stipulated that the amount would be five hundred thousand US dollars instead of three million.
What are the main advantages of obtaining Turkish citizenship?
There are many advantages and positives that will be yours if you hold this nationality, and they are as follows:
1 – The law on obtaining Turkish citizenship does not require giving up the mother’s citizenship and you can benefit from both advantages.
2 – The holder can access advanced medical and educational services.
3- The wife and children who are under the legal age will get it.
4 – Take advantage of the Turkish passport, which is one of the most powerful and important passports in the world.
5 – Enjoying the full rights of the Turkish citizen, such as voting in elections and running for important positions.
6 – Buying real estate easily and without waiting for the security approval to be issued. Also, the foreigner will find great ease in completing transactions.
Why Turkish citizenship and not other nationalities?
– Certainly, you are asking about the reasons that push foreigners and investors to choose Turkish citizenship over other nationalities. There must be reasons other than those mentioned above.
– The Turkish economy is one of the main incentives that encourage the investor to choose Turkish citizenship. Over the past years, it has achieved successive leaps that have contributed to making it outperform the most important economies of the world. Also, Turkey’s geographical location has played an important role, as it is in the middle of the European, Asian and African continents and surrounded by four seas (the Mediterranean Sea – Marmara Sea – Aegean Sea – Black Sea).
– Turkey is an ideal environment for real estate investment, and this is what was presented by one of the studies, as it was ranked among the first ten countries at the global level.
– Turkey is one of the most powerful industrialized countries in the world and has ranked 13th.
– Turkey owns the most important strategic projects and is characterized by its advanced and strong infrastructure.
– Turkey is an ideal and safe environment for living and stability in light of development and renaissance that includes all sectors and fields.
If you have any other inquiries on the subject of obtaining Turkish citizenship, you can contact us so that we can provide you with assistance, and do not forget to visit our website constantly to see everything new regarding citizenship or the field of real estate in Turkey.
Related articles :
The Cheapest apartments in Turkey 2022
Conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship
Cheap villas for sale in Istanbul Turkey
Obtaining Turkish citizenship by investment
The most important real estate companies in Istanbul
Apartments for sale in Istanbul in installment
Benefits of buying a property in Turkey 2022
Real estate prices in Turkey 2022
How to obtain Turkish passport by investment
Cheap apartments for sale in Istanbul