Have you heard of Notary Public offices in Turkey? If you plan to buy a property
in Turkey or want to obtain a residence permit through real estate investment,
or, for example, want to obtain a driving license in Turkey, or other important
matters to practice your life within Istanbul, then you must have been asked
to authenticate some documents through what is called Noter.
What is Noter?
Noter is the Turkish name for the Notary Public offices in Turkey, which is one of
the important official government institutions. It is a judicial body
responsible for certifying official documents, contracts, and deeds.
What are the tasks of Notary Public offices in Turkey (Noter)?
The tasks of the Notary Public offices include verifying the identity of parties,
the accuracy of documents, correcting any errors, and certifying deeds,
contracts, and other documents such as selling and buying real estate,
inheritance, companies, banking, legal, and government operations.
Therefore, Notary Public offices in Turkey (Noter) perform many important tasks
and duties, including but not limited to:
- Document authentication: A notary public verifies the authenticity and accuracy of documents, deeds, and official contracts presented to them for certification.
- Error correction: If errors are found in the documents or contracts presented, the notary public corrects them and rewrites the document to ensure its legal validity.
- Identification verification: A notary public identifies the parties who sign the contracts and documents presented to them.
- Preparation of official documents: A notary public prepares official documents such as marriage contracts, inheritance documents, company registration documents, and other official documents.
- Permanent document authentication: A notary public works to authenticate documents and deeds permanently, making them valid for use at any time in the future.
What do we need notary public services for in Turkey (the Noter) for?
We need notary public services for various reasons, including:
- Maintaining accurate and reliable records: Documents are permanently authenticated in the notary public’s office, making them valid for use at any time in the future.
- Facilitating the procedures of buying, selling, and transferring: The authentication documents issued by the notary public’s office in Turkey serve as legal proof of ownership, property rights, and the right to buy and sell properties, among other things.
- Assisting in protecting the parties involved: Documents and contracts are authenticated to protect the rights of all parties involved, and to ensure that their rights are upheld in case of any disputes.
- Contributing to the preservation of the legal system: Notary public services in Turkey ensure the accuracy and validity of legal documents, thereby helping to maintain the legal system and protect everyone’s rights.
What are the main documents authenticated by notary public offices in Turkey?
As previously mentioned, authenticating papers and documents is one of the most important tasks carried out by notary public offices in Turkey, and the papers that are authenticated vary according to the type of document and its purpose. Some of the main papers that are authenticated by the notary public office include:
- Official and private contracts, such as marriage contracts, sale and lease contracts, such as renting or purchasing an apartment in Turkey.
- Company and institution documents, such as establishment certificates and partnership contracts.
- Personal and administrative documents, such as birth and death certificates, national identity cards, as well as Turkish passport and driver’s license.
- Judicial and legal documents, such as judicial and arbitration decisions and powers of attorney.
- Diplomatic and foreign documents, such as authentication of documents issued by embassies, consulates, and others.
- Other documents that require authentication, such as medical, scientific, commercial, and educational documents, such as authenticating academic degrees.
Authenticating these documents makes them legal and valid for use in courts, official institutions, companies, and others. It should be noted that the papers that are authenticated by notary public offices may vary from one country to another and even within the same country.
Notary public offices have great importance and are a basic need, as every foreign investor who wants to buy an apartment in Turkey, for example, or is looking for a villa for sale in Istanbul on the Bosphorus, or various properties for sale, must authenticate many papers from the notary public office to avoid problems when purchasing property in Turkey. Also, if you want to obtain a driver’s license, you will need to go to the notary public office as well.
In any case, if you need help searching for properties for sale in Turkey or obtaining Turkish citizenship and a Turkish passport, do not hesitate to request assistance from our experts at Hana Real Estate Company. We are also available on Facebook and Instagram!
apartments for sale in Istanbul buy apartment in Istanbul buy a real estate Investing in Istanbul real estate real estate investment in Istanbul real estate investment in Turkey real estate market in Turkey real estate prices in Istanbul tourism in Turkey Turkish citizenship Turkish citizenship by buying property Turkish citizenship through real estate investment